Hey there, friends! About a month ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award, but it was right around the time I posted about the Very Inspirational Blogger Award so I decided to wait a few blog posts before acknowledging it. During that time I was nominated again, so I thought I’d better spread this thing around.
This award has been floating around the 20-something community and is meant to showcase new blogs, so recipients need to have less than 200 followers. Not everyone shows how many followers they have, which leaves it up to me to guess. So if I nominated you and you actually have hundreds or thousands of followers, I’m sorry!
The rules are pretty simple. Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you, then nominate 11 more bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer. BOOM! You’ve just accepted the Liebster Award.
Without further ado, here are the 11 bloggers I’ve nominated:
1. Roaring 20’s: A guide to living your twenties… Fearlessly!
2. Leaving the Land of Cotton: A girl’s journey north
3. The Sum of 20Something: Exploring and living the 20-something phenomenon
4. The Accidental Job Hunter: Two roads diverge in a yellow wood… and I took the jobless one.
5. An Idiot’s Ramblings: The opinions of an idiot in the 21st Century
6. Twenty Something Condition: 4 friends, 3 continents, 2 decades, 1 condition
7. Sweetly Indecisive: Ramblings of a clueless graduate
9. Oh. My. Blog: What the stuff am I doing?
11. Habits of Thinking: Ramblings of a Millennial
Now on to the questions I need to answer…
1. If you could be invisible what would you do?
I would go to a big amusement park like Great America or Universal Studios and cut to the front of the line for every ride. Obvious benefit? No lines. Bonus? I could really freak out the people I sit next to.
2. If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be and why?
Anyone? Hmm… well this is kind of cliche but I’d have dinner with my grandpa. He had a stroke when I was really young and then passed away before I was old enough to connect with him. I don’t have any memories of holding a conversation with him, so dinner would be nice.
3. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you?
I feel like I’m prone to embarrassing situations, so it’s tough to think of one incident. I think I’ll go with a classic: Ripping my pants. Yes, this actually happens to real people, not just cartoon characters. I was playing miniature golf with my boyfriend, who was fairly new at the time of the incident. A few holes in I bent down to pick up my ball and, yup, I ripped my pants. Since we were still in the new relationship stage, my boyfriend was really sweet about it and gave me his sweatshirt to tie around my waste while we finished playing. If that were to happen now, he would mercilessly make fun of me.
4. What’s a quirky fact about yourself?
I’m afraid of the dark. Not because I think an intruder is hiding under the bed, but because I think there’s a ghost or zombie or some other mythical creature just waiting for its chance to get me. And going under the covers makes me feel better… because apparently an inch of blanket can protect you against anything.
5. What do you find most enjoyable? e.g. hobby
Since I live in Colorado, I think I’m required to say hiking.
6. What does success mean to you?
If I ever get a job that I love and am still able to make time for friends, adventure, and learning new things, I’d consider myself pretty successful.
7. How do you save money?
Well, I try to save money by not spending it. I also have a savings account that automatically takes $25 from my checking account each month. It’s not much, but it’s something! I should probably start a 401K and do other adult money things…
8. Do you live life for now or save for the future?
I am a Class A hoarder, for sure. And that includes money. I’m trying to get a grip on my stinginess, but it’s just part of who I am. Once, when I was younger, I almost started crying after I spent all of my allowance on a toy. I never have anything particular in mind that I’m saving for, but I feel more comfortable with a money cushion.
9. How did you meet your other half OR what’s the best thing about being single?
I met my boyfriend during our sophomore year of college. We were both running the half naked mile, which is a charity run that people do in their underwear. Before the race started I was standing around talking about an episode of The Office, and as usual no one was listening to me. My now boyfriend happened to be standing nearby and jumped into the conversation I was having with myself. And then we ran a mile together… half naked. Aw…
10. What makes you feel confident?
I was going to say my boyfriend or my family, but actually I think accomplishing things on my own makes me feel the most confident. Don’t get me wrong, my loved ones give me loads of confidence on almost a daily basis. But being in a challenging situation and figuring it out on my own seems to give me the biggest boost. I like proving to myself that I’m not an idiot.
11. If you were Prime Minister what would be the first thing you’d do?
I would shout, “Yes! I live in England now!!”
Here are the questions I’m asking. Listen up, nominees!
1. If you could live within a ’90s sitcom/cartoon, which one would you choose? Why?
2. If you didn’t need to worry about having a career, what would you do?
3. Would you rather live in a world overrun by dinosaurs or zombies? Reasons?
4. When you’re feeling stressed or upset, what song puts you in the good mood?
5. What do you think is the biggest obstacle young job-seekers need to overcome?
6. What do you miss the most about your hometown/state? If you still live there, what do you love about it?
7. If you had the chance to go to college all over again, would you do anything differently? What?
8. If you had one superpower (make it up if you want to), what would it be and why?
9. What interview question do you dread the most?
10. If you could live in any decade, which decade would you choose? Why?
11. What is on thing about yourself that not many people know?